Last updated: October 25, 2015
Collection and Processing of Your Personal Data
CustomOCR collects data to operate effectively and provide you the best experiences with our services.
You may choose to submit your personal data such as your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, etc. when you subscribe to newsletters, participate in online surveys, post in forums, comment in blogs, or when make purchases. This data can be personally identifiable (that is, can be uniquely identified with you) and may be collected and processed by CustomOCR.
Use and Purpose of Collected Personal Data
- To process your orders and deliver the products and services that you have ordered.
- To keep you up to date on the latest product announcements, software updates, software upgrades, software enhancements, special offers, third party products and services that can add value to your CustomOCR products, and other information.
- To provide access to personal areas and to protected content.
- To conduct surveys in order to provide better products and services.
- To provide the ability to contact you, and to provide customer feedback and support.
- To respond to recruitment inquiries.
We use IP addresses (and other technical information such as browser type) to help detect technical problems, to administer our Website, to gather geographic information, to deliver content based on the technical capabilities of your browser, to determine which pages on our Website are being visited and topics that may be of interest to you so that we can provide you with information about relevant products and services.
Most of the time, CustomOCR will aggregate such data only in an anonymous way and will not relate it to a particular individual unless he or she has given consent.
Cookies & Tools
During your visit to our Website, we may collect information via Cookies & Tools, which include cookies, web beacons, and other commonly used information tracking technologies. These technologies can track standard information that your browser sends to our Website such as your browser type and language, web page access times, and the address of the website from which you arrived at CustomOCR Website.
Using these technologies, CustomOCR is also able to track aggregate information such as which pages were visited on the CustomOCR Website, the number of CustomOCR emails actually received by consented recipients, and some other data that is not related to a particular individual.
On our Website, or in our emails, we may often use web links to various web pages on our Website or on other websites (“Web Links”). These Web Links may first lead to a special tracking URL on the CustomOCR server and then redirect to the final location. In this way, CustomOCR is able to change the destination URL, or to determine the efficiency of our marketing activity.
Web Links in our emails, when clicked, may also be used to connect this interaction to your personal identity. If you do not wish this kind of information to be collected, you can simply choose not to click on Web Links in CustomOCR emails.
Links to Other Websites
This site may contain links to other websites which may collect your personal data. CustomOCR is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other websites. When you leave our Website, you do so at your own risk.
Sharing Your Personal Data
We may share your personal data:
- With business partners, service vendors, authorized third-party agents or contractors in order to process orders, provide requested products or services, or provide you with information on products and services that may interest to you. Only the minimum amount of personal data will be provided in such transactions. Third parties can be permitted to use personal data only for the purpose of completing the requested service or transaction.
- To respond to law enforcement requests, where required by applicable laws, court order or governmental regulations.
Unless you gave us your express consent, we will not sell your personal data to third parties for marketing purposes.
We have no liability for disclosure of personal data and other information obtained due to errors in transmission or the unauthorized intervention of any third parties.
Personal Data Retention
CustomOCR will not retain your personal data longer than it is necessary to provide you with the services, products and information, or as permitted by applicable law.
Protection of Your Personal Data
Never share your Website login information with others. Log out of our Website once you leave your computer. If you believe that there is a breach regarding your security, let us know promptly.
This Website is not intended for children under the age of 13. CustomOCR does not knowingly collect personal data from such children. If we learn that we have collected personal data on a child under the age of 13, we will delete that data from our systems. If you discovered that your child has submitted personal data and would like that such data be deleted from our systems, you may do so by sending us a request at [email protected].